- The Real Problem With “Check Your Privilege”: It’s Too Generous | The Raw Story 49 mins ago
- How America became a third world country - Le Monde diplomatique - English edition 12 hours ago
- Pope Francis: Atheists are all right! - Salon.com 12 hours ago
[T]he pope spoke of the need to meet each other somewhere on our on common ground. “This commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: We need that so much. ‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.” It was a deeper affirmation of his comments back in March, when he declared that the faithful and atheists can be “precious allies… to defend the dignity of man, in the building of a peaceful coexistence between peoples and in the careful protection of creation.”
- 'Tremendous Victory' in Growing Rebuke of Citizens United | Common Dreams 18 hours ago
- Josh Barro, the Loneliest Republican - Jonathan Chait - The Atlantic 20 hours ago
- Josh Barro, the Loneliest Republican - Atlantic Mobile 20 hours ago
- Gut bomb: That turkey burger could kill you, and here’s why | Grist 21 hours ago
- Six Facts Lost in the IRS Scandal - ProPublica 23 hours ago
- Eric Weinstein may have found the answer to physics' biggest problems | Marcus du Sautoy | Science | guardian.co.uk 23 hours ago
Weinstein begins the paper in which he explains his proposal with a quote from Einstein: "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." Weinstein's theory answers this in spades. Very little in the universe is arbitrary. The mathematics explains why it should work the way it does. If this isn't a description of how our universe works then frankly I'd prefer to move to the universe where it does!
- Awesome Hospital Billing Comparison Site - Business Insider 24 hours ago
- No items.
Tag Archives: times warner
So, anyone recall the Times Warner/AOL merger of a decade ago and what a debacle that turned out to be? Here’s an even larger merger, with even more at stake, successfully getting past the FCC, and, sadly, past the Obama … Continue reading