- A new low for Jill Stein - The Boston Globe 9 hours ago
- Federal judge throws out limits on absentee voting, other voting restrictions | Politics and Elections | host.madison.com 10 hours ago
Peterson ordered the state to quickly issue credentials valid for voting to anyone trying to obtain a free photo ID for voting but lack the underlying documents such as birth certificates to obtain one. The state’s current process for getting free IDs to people who lack such documents, Peterson wrote, is unconstitutional and “a wretched failure” because it has left a number of overwhelmingly black and Hispanic citizens unable to obtain IDs. “The evidence in this case casts doubt on the notion that voter ID laws foster integrity and confidence,” Peterson wrote. “The Wisconsin experience demonstrates that a preoccupation with mostly phantom election fraud leads to real incidents of disenfranchisement, which undermine rather than enhance confidence in elections, particularly in minority communities. To put it bluntly, Wisconsin’s strict version of voter ID law is a worse cure than the disease.” Peterson ruled that the voter ID law’s limits on in-person absentee voting also unfairly target black and Latino voters, particularly in Milwaukee. The Legislature reduced the time that municipalities could offer in-person absentee voting, from a period of as long as 30 days ending on the day before election day to a period of 12 days that ended on the Friday before election day. It also limited absentee voting to one location per municipality.
- Hillary Clinton's speech was a powerful, primal first – and it blew me away | Xeni Jardin | Opinion | The Guardian 10 hours ago
- Seven Minutes That Shook the Convention - POLITICO Magazine 10 hours ago
- Koch brothers keeping their distance from Trump - The Orange County Register 10 hours ago
- Stop the FOP's 'Blue Lives Matter' Laws | ColorOfChange.org 10 hours ago
- Wisconsin Voter ID Law Ruled Unconstitutional - The Daily Beast 10 hours ago
- Propane Jane on Twitter: "My question is what exactly makes the Bro Left railing against "DNC voter fraud" any different than the Bro Right railing against ACORN?" 10 hours ago
- Clinton Campaign Computers Are Said to Be Hacked, Apparently by Russians - The New York Times 10 hours ago
Almost like someone had invited them to do so...
- The Many Marvels of Full Syrian Breakfast | Extra Crispy 11 hours ago
Tag Archives: t-mobile
More online news like this, please: New Orleans gets flood help; Memphis breathes easier. Note captions (use “subtitle” option), AND transcript available! Nifty. Although there’s an extremely amusing caption typo at 00:17. Overseeing Government Oversight. Live tweeting of the hearings … Continue reading