- A New Kind of Corporation to Harness the Power of Private Enterprise for Public Benefit | The Huffington Post 2017/02/23
- “The Dumbest Idea in the World”: Corporate America's False - and Dangerous - Ideology of Shareholder Value | Alternet 2017/02/23
- The Dumbest Idea In The World: Maximizing Shareholder Value 2017/02/23
- How Norway Avoided Becoming a Fascist State by George Lakey — YES! Magazine 2017/02/19
- LobbyPhone -- Social Design Notes 2017/02/18
Provenance of that 520 200 2223 number which gives you your reps etc.
- BBC Blogs - College of Journalism - Russian media and the art of ‘provokatsiya’ 2017/02/18
- Resist Trump by Volunteering | ACS 2017/02/17
- Trump can be held accountable for violating the Constitution, even if Congress doesn’t care 2017/02/15
State attorneys general have the power to bring actions against corporations, something known as a “Quo Warranto” proceeding, to determine whether the corporations are a conduit for illegal activity. This is known as a corporation acting “ultra vires” or beyond its legal authority. In this case, the proceeding would determine whether Trump’s corporate entities are being used as a conduit for illegal emoluments to Trump.
- Trump breaks from Obama with crime crackdown and 'blue lives matter' protections | US news | The Guardian 2017/02/10
- Congress targets a California law that aims to give low-income workers retirement security - LA Times 2017/02/09
Tag Archives: rape
I have to some extent downplayed the rape narrative in my Wikileaks roundup and the reason for that should be obvious — the heated narratives of rape, rape 101, rape culture and so on make discussion nearly impossible. However, narratives … Continue reading
I touched on this in my last Wikileaks post, commenting on how and why I felt that the fervor to “get” Assange on rape charges was politically motivated rather than indicative of any sincere desire to take seriously the charges … Continue reading
Everyone with even a bit of interest in WikiLeaks, whether for or against, should read Greenwald’s formidable factual summary: Anti-WikiLeaks lies and propaganda – from TNR, Lauer, Feinstein and more. Among them: WikiLeaks did not “dump all” of the cables, … Continue reading