- Police Department Ends Its "Voluntary Search" Program - Lowering the Bar 14 hours ago
- Here’s more evidence the middle class is dead/dying | The Context Of Things 16 hours ago
- This State Is Cracking Down on One of the Most Pernicious Police Practices - Mic 16 hours ago
- How to Fix Poverty: Write Every Family a Basic Income Check 2014/12/19
- isoHunt now lets anyone launch their own version of The Pirate Bay | VentureBeat | Media | by Emil Protalinski 2014/12/19
- Missouri GOP lawmaker wants to require women to get their abuser's permission for abortion 2014/12/19
- Assata Shakur: What Does New U.S.-Cuba Pact Mean for Exiled Black Panther Wanted in New Jersey? | Democracy Now! 2014/12/19
Shakur has said she was shot by police with both arms in the air, and then again from the back.
- The biggest difference between liberal and conservative parents - The Washington Post 2014/12/19
- Cop Stops Fellow Cop From Choking a Handcuffed Man, She Was Then Beaten and Fired | The Free Thought Project 2014/12/19
- A black hole for our best and brightest | The Washington Post 2014/12/18
In perhaps the starkest illustration, economists from Harvard University and the University of Chicago wrote in a recent paper that every dollar a worker earns in a research field spills over to make the economy $5 better off. Every dollar a similar worker earns in finance comes with a drain, making the economy 60 cents worse off.
Tag Archives: rape
I have to some extent downplayed the rape narrative in my Wikileaks roundup and the reason for that should be obvious — the heated narratives of rape, rape 101, rape culture and so on make discussion nearly impossible. However, narratives … Continue reading
I touched on this in my last Wikileaks post, commenting on how and why I felt that the fervor to “get” Assange on rape charges was politically motivated rather than indicative of any sincere desire to take seriously the charges … Continue reading
Everyone with even a bit of interest in WikiLeaks, whether for or against, should read Greenwald’s formidable factual summary: Anti-WikiLeaks lies and propaganda – from TNR, Lauer, Feinstein and more. Among them: WikiLeaks did not “dump all” of the cables, … Continue reading