- If You Think the Civil War Ever Ended, Think Again | Alternet 9 hours ago
- The Civil War never ended. The neo-Confederate tea party fights on 10 hours ago
- Couple Sues Police Over Tense Confrontation Inside Collingdale Home | NBC 10 Philadelphia 16 hours ago
- An Open Letter To Fox News About 'Boobs On The Ground' 2014/09/27
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg shows how feminism is done. Again. 2014/09/27
To which I would just add that Palin and the Mama Grizzlies also owe a debt of thanks directly to Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who almost single-handedly convinced the courts and legislatures to do away with gender classifications in matters ranging from a woman's right to be executor of her son's estate (Reed v. Reed, 1970), to a female Air Force lieutenant's right to secure housing allowances and medical benefits for her husband (Frontiero v. Richardson, 1973), and the right of Oklahoma's "thirsty boys" (her words) to buy beer at the Honk n' Holler at the same age as young women (Craig v. Boren, 1976).
- These Mississippi Defendants Have Been In Jail For As Long As A Year Without Even Being Charged | ThinkProgress 2014/09/26
- Woman Busted for Possession of SpaghettiO’s Sauce May Sue « KRON4 – San Francisco Bay Area News 2014/09/26
The woman spent more than a month in jail while her attorney tried to arrange a plea bargain. That’s when the crime lab report came back confirming the spoon was encrusted with spaghetti sauce.
- G.O.P. Error Reveals Donors and the Price of Access - NYTimes.com 2014/09/26
- Video: John Crawford didn't seem to aim toy gun at anyone before police shot at him - Vox 2014/09/26
- South Carolina trooper faces 20 years in prison after shooting man during traffic stop (VIDEO) — RT USA 2014/09/25
Tag Archives: at&t
More online news like this, please: New Orleans gets flood help; Memphis breathes easier. Note captions (use “subtitle” option), AND transcript available! Nifty. Although there’s an extremely amusing caption typo at 00:17. Overseeing Government Oversight. Live tweeting of the hearings … Continue reading