- Yep, The Oregon Standoff Is Still Going -- And If Anything It's Getting Weirder 54 mins ago
- How the Malheur Occupation Hamstrung Science - The Crux 55 mins ago
- Hillary Clinton’s war on universal health care is a war on the middle-class 55 mins ago
- Bernie’s Army Is Running for Congress | New Republic 56 mins ago
- Two days after Finicum funeral, Kanab hotel maid finds gunshot damage in room | The Salt Lake Tribune 1 hour ago
- Michele Fiore heading to Oregon to support Bundy’s cause - Las Vegas Sun News 3 hours ago
- Would Bernie Sanders get blown out in November? This political scientist doesn’t think so. - The Washington Post 4 hours ago
- How to Hack the Power Grid Through Home Air Conditioners | WIRED 5 hours ago
The way the system works is that operators at regional power centers send a command via radio frequency that gets amplified through repeater stations installed throughout a city to reach the devices and shut down air conditioners. But because the systems Hioureas and Kinsey examined don’t encrypt that communication and don’t use authentication to prevent unauthorized parties or systems from communicating with them, anyone in the vicinity who can emit a stronger signal than the one the utility company sends out through the repeater stations can manipulate the devices as well.
- Former Malheur refuge occupier arrested on Kansas warrant | OregonLive.com 7 hours ago
Dowd was seen about three weeks ago carrying a rifle and guarding the main entrance to the refuge. He was also seen spending time inside the refuge headquarters.
- Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas — High Country News 7 hours ago