That’s right… these aren’t just gorgeous petit-fours. They’re miniature, too. Wow!
- 12-year-old’s online life brings an abductor to her doorstep | Ars Technica 17 hours ago
- “Simple-minded darkies”: Meet the white supremacist who’s about to be Nevada’s House speaker - Salon.com 18 hours ago
- Mattel Pulls Sexist Barbie Book “I Can Be A Computer Engineer” Off Amazon | TechCrunch 23 hours ago
- Bay Area Woman Gets Justice After International Cyberstalker Terrorized Her For Years « CBS San Francisco 23 hours ago
- New Scrutiny of Goldman's Ties to the New York Fed After a Leak - NYTimes.com 23 hours ago
- Cops have a new scanner that decodes DNA in 90 minutes — and they can’t wait to use it on you 23 hours ago
- Where Did Your Thanksgiving Dinner Come From? 2014/11/20
- Cops Assault And Arrest Woman for No Reason, Leave Her Cuffed and Naked in Public for 30 Minutes | The Free Thought Project 2014/11/20
- NSA surveillance bill defeated in Senate - LA Times 2014/11/19
- Why the Gun Industry Will Never Win Over American Women 2014/11/19
“Every single week, nine women [in the U.S.] are shot and killed by an intimate partner and that’s an average of 48 women every single month,” says Shannon Watts, founder of the non-partisan group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. “And then [American] women are 11 times more likely to be murdered with a gun than women in other developed countries. And also a majority of mass shootings are actually tied to domestic abuse. So if you look at all of that, you look at the fact that a gun in a domestic violence situation makes it five times more likely a woman will be killed, all of the data points speak to this being an incredibly important issue for women.” The numbers don’t lie. Domestic violence affects 1 in 4 women nationwide. Two-thirds of female homicides victims are killed by an intimate partner and over half are shot and killed with guns.